Friday, April 5, 2013

Final Four

It's now down to the last four teams in the country. Louisville vs. Wichita State and Michigan vs. Syracuse are your two match-ups this weekend. This year's tournament was full of upsets and surprises. Florida Gulf Coast was the first 15th seed to reach the Sweet 16 round, and Wichita State is the other Cinderella team in the brackets. Wichita is playing outstanding basketball right now and will need to play a flawless game against Louisville in order to get to the finals. Louisville has more motivation than anyone to win since their teammate Kevin Ware broke his leg in the first half against Duke in the Elite 8 round.

My bracket picks as well as a large number of people across the nation proved to be a failure. But that's what the NCAA tournament is all about. Upsets and surprise wins is where the excitement comes from. If all the better teams won then it wouldn't be as entertaining to watch. So I don't mind having a 20% bracket success rate if that means having a 9 seed accompany two 4 seeds in the semifinals.

I'm going to pick Louisville against Michigan in the Finals, with Louisville cutting down the nets late Monday evening.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I have Louisville winning the whole thing as well. I still can't believe what happened during the Duke game. I'm a hardcore Duke fan, always have been and even though I am upset about them losing, Louisville has the talent and the drive to get them to cutting down the nets and celebrating the championship win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did watch the game and it was good. I did not have Louisville winning but they did deserve it. I'm just happy it was a close game at the end. I still have not seen the injury that Kevin Ware had during the duke game. Honestly i don't want to see it. i heard it was bad though.

    ReplyDelete